Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/index.php)
-   Everquest 2 (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Raid Toon (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176)

Lazyfury 08-22-2006 08:57 PM

Raid Toon

What's up guys... Kind of bored here at school. Doing a lot of reading on end game stuff and I think I'm going to try to power level my swashy to be able to do end game with him. We already have four or five tanks that play regularly, and unless I'm trying to keep aggro on one mob, I don't think the monk will be as useful in the Raid setting. Loved the frog for questing, but would like to be more then another set of weopons for bigger groups/Raids.

Let me know if you guys have any thoughts...

Kudos 08-22-2006 09:30 PM

A healling class would probably be needed. I mean thats really the types of styles you got. Damage. Taking Damage. and Healling

Lazyfury 08-22-2006 09:46 PM

My Wife plays a Warden, so that's taken care of:)

I was just looking for a toon that would be more valuable in the raid setting then my monk... I've tried a couple, and the one I like the best and have heard the best reviews is the swash(as far as DPS).

And our guild doesn't have many of them...

danlar 08-23-2006 07:59 AM

lazy,

from the raids ive been on, usually a swashy was there, but i've been on them also with a monk.. the thing with a monk is that fiegn death comes crucial in the upper tier, especially the group fiegn death is a raid saver, i've seen it save us from having to rerun a zone, also to get by a monster we dont need to get to something that was worth killing.. in the upper tier monks can put out alot of dps..

but generally a swashy is needed for the straight melee dps... with foxey getting his monk, i would say go with the swashy...

Lazyfury 08-23-2006 08:43 AM

I didn't know foxie had a monk... Thought that was his wife:rolleyes:

Lazyfury 08-23-2006 08:48 AM

That's true Danlar... We'll see what happens, I might play it through with my monk and lvl the swashy when I get the time. I'm driving back up tonight, so hopefully I'll see you guys then:)

Rathious 08-23-2006 12:40 PM

Well when i get my tank up to 70 i am currently at lvl 62. I think i will prolly be the tank danlar main assist laramor has a wizzy. a scout like a swashy would be good for group sneak but a warden can group invis. well and as danlar mentioned we have a monk now cause foxey sold his mystic so. I would say make what you want cause in a full raid x4 we need to have 4 balanced groups and seeing as we are almost the most poweerful guild on the qeynos side since the others are dropping like flys a good assortment of toon will be needed to fill out even a raid x2. any way that is my 2 cents and i expect my change back to lol.

BTW: good to see you all getting on the forums.

BTWW: what lvl are we going to cap out some lower toons for straight PvPing and running HQ's any ideas some are saying lvls 22-24 in that range any imput would be great.

foolishmortal 08-24-2006 12:03 AM

we need

we need scout (troubadors and dirges and a ranger here and there) also need more healers like templars and mystic and we need a warlock and illusionist that what we need to raid and the monk is a very highly recomed toon for the fegin death

danlar 08-29-2006 05:45 PM

one thing i think we dont have is a dirge, i dont recall seeing one in the guild anyways... a dirge is badly needed in a raid, mondo buffs on a dirge..

Rathious 09-01-2006 02:49 AM

I have one he is lvl 12 but i am going to have a lot of toons to build up if we need all these classes lol.anyway just wanted to let you know i have a dirge but we will also need my guardian in a raid to lol.