Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anything Goes! (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Nostalgia (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5775)

Soldierh1 01-24-2013 06:27 AM

Nostalgia

With the frequency of posts i'm not sure anyone that remembers me will see this, but here goes. Every so often I go through old backup disks and recount the memories they trigger. I happened to be going through some and found old FA pictures. One of which was when Tux was appointed CoA, and one when a few of us crashed the old sites forum by spamming Xtremes topic.

I'm not sure who is still around or check, but i recognize every Overlords name, which brings a smile to my face.

I had some great times in this clan when, and spent my entire highschool career apart of it. Occasionally I wonder what old members like Solo, Xtreme, Ghostex(or maybe ghostfacekilla, my memory of 8 years ago is a bit fuzzy) Shiznit, sickness, sharp, Phoenix, Wolfgang and many others i've forgotten over the years. Whenever this happens i always think about situations i would be in where i could find out what these people are up to and how their lives evolved from over 8 years ago.

I last posted on this forum in 2008, but i swear it was less than 4 years ago. im not sure the point of this post is other then stating the good times i had with the people i met(and one or two i still am in contact with) even the ones i was never friends with but provided me with endless entertainment, namely gooshy. I was very happy and almost sad to see the old site is still up, and looking through fallen legends made me realize how corny we made our profiles, and the big deal with logging in. Shiz must have a soft spot for it because he still has it on a server somewhere. also if that is the skoob i remember with the kid, holy shit.

If anyone that remembers me and uses Steam feel free to add me, but mention who you are or were. Sultan_Spill

anyways i hope those I know and those I dont a good time and experience, happy hunting.

Soldierh1 01-24-2013 06:29 AM

i was told i couldnt post a link, and my message contained spam. I'm not sure if that is garbage or relevant. anyways here are some blasts from the past. It will not let me post a link so lets try this imgur.com/a/vGe2c

IceBlade 01-26-2013 11:27 PM

Haha! Just looking over that IRC chat brings back so many memories. Pretty sure that screenshot was before my time but I recognize so many names. I actually live with Hell-Kite now. Yep. I moved across the country to live with someone I met in FA. Isn't that fucked up? I was kind of worried that he was a 300lb biker guy who would rape me. He wasn't a 300lb biker guy. Just a rapist.

Man. So many memories. I don't think I have any IRC chats left over. Too bad, I used to save 'em all. Perhaps on some forgotten backup somewhere. I sure did spend a lot of my time here. Was like a second family almost. Dedicating all that time, competing, weekly practices. FA was the sole reason I spent endless hours teaching myself HTML and Photoshop so I could edit my profile haha. Now I can't even play a game for a month without getting bored. Fuck how times change. Growing up sucks lol.

ITH 01-27-2013 03:42 AM

had to post cause you had an outlaw pic... lol good times

:|

still remember when i got temp banned cause i outlawed ibmes gandalf pic

Hell-Kite 01-27-2013 01:13 PM

Still regerting my decision, always worried i'll findout he brought a man home, and i'll have to kick him out and pay all the rent myself...

lhurgoyf 01-29-2013 06:36 PM

Ah memories. I remember all the time spent in irc.enterthegame back when people still socialized outside of games and the glorious ubb board and the god awful one before that.

And as for the spam filter, it is just for everyone. While not many people post anymore, spammers like to try. So popular we got 1,200 bot signups in December when someone either cracked a captcha or the custom question/answer you fill in when registering. Niped that shit in the bud by deleting all their accounts and changing the q/a around, until next time.

Hell-Kite 01-31-2013 02:17 PM

goyf, what are you up to these days?

lhurgoyf 01-31-2013 06:19 PM

I spend my day working on natural language processing and machine learning algorithms. Doing my part to enable skynet.

skoob 04-28-2013 01:46 PM

Sup! I love checking in on this place every couple months. I love that HK and Ice live together, how often do you have to explain how you guys met? I had a friend in college that I met through our CSS team and it was pretty funny to tell people that we gamed and shit.

:| was the best movement ever.

IceBlade 04-30-2013 09:38 PM

We usually lie about how we met lol.