Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Rainbox Six: Vegas

This hit PC didn't it?....
Old 03-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #1  
Hermes
Wicked Sick!

Default This hit PC didn't it?....

Few questions guys. I just bought a new vid card and i thought the only reason i didnt get this game was because my card was shit, but did it even go to pc? and if it did can pc players play people on the 360? that would be sweet....

Old 03-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #2  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Yeah, it's on the PC, but you can't play with 360 people from your PC :(

Old 03-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #3  
Spin
Wicked Sick!

yeah buddy asked if he had the 360 game and i had the pc game if we could play against each other, i told him i didnt think so, its kinda wierd but ya think microsoft would make it happen so people could do that seeing as how most 360's can be plugged into a router and connected to a pc anyways.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #4  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

They will be starting that. There's a few games coming out, including UT3, that will allow cross platform play. I personally don't like it though since everyone knows the Keyboard and Mouse is superior to the Console Control in FPS. It wouldn't be very fair overall. I love playing FPS on my console, but only against other console players. I don't want to get owned by some kid on his PC :)

If they released for the 360 that OCZ control that hooks around your head and monitors eye movement, brain waves and muscle twitches to aim and fire at your enemies, then i'd play PC gamers all day :) That thing owns.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O7EnLXGfA18
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Mg84z0bcuE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TDiFX89VfMo

Old 03-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #5  
Fallen JeStEr
RS: Vegas Staff

I don't think they will combine pc and 360 to play against each other. One reason was what khaos said. Another reason probably the main reason is that xbox users pay for the live service. I have not played pc games online for about 2 years, but I never had to pay a single cent to play. The only games you had to pay for were mass multiplayer games and if microsoft started charging people to play with 360 people. They probably wouldn't get to much money from the pc people.

Also you would need to have a headset for pc guys because 360 users get kicked out of games for not having a headset now. No pc guys would ever play bc they would get kicked all the time.

Sucks but thats the truth.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #6  
Guyzea
RS: Vegas Team Member

Windows Live=Xbox Live
For Cross-platform play.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #7  
Fallen JeStEr
RS: Vegas Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyzea
Windows Live=Xbox Live
For Cross-platform play.

what is windows live?

Why do they have so many windows?

Old 03-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #8  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Any of you check out that pimp ass control? Imagine Xbox720 with that. I'd buy one in a heart beat :)

Old 03-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #9  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

It's a program IN windows. In windows Vista to be specific. It's like having XboxLive in windows. You have your friends list, achievements, etc. It will pretty much be a PC version of LIVE though. Putting achievements on PC games and things from what I understand. I don't think it will make all games cross platform, but there will be some. I know UT3, Huxley and Shadowrun will all allow PC and 360 players to play along side eachother in game. Though from what I hear, Huxley only allows it in the cities when chatting and trading, but not in actual battles.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:31 AM   #10  
Hermes
Wicked Sick!

hmm i wonder how the online community is for PC. Would be good to get a PC div goin too if its as good in its time as RvS was. They were dumb for not realeasing demos and what not they usually do that when its a bad game online