Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Rainbow Six: Vegas (PC)
Old 12-30-2006, 01:59 AM   #1  
BearAssJoe
Killing Spree!

Default Rainbow Six: Vegas (PC)

I'm just wondering what kind of interest we'd have to start up a R6V div? I'd be willing to take leadership. I'm in love with the game and I'm already researching the details on some certain issues like console commands ect.

Here's some cool deals from newegg that'll give ya a free copy of the game if your interested....
http://promotions.newegg.com/misc/rainbow6/index.html

Old 12-30-2006, 07:43 PM   #2  
MaVeRiCk
Dominating!

I heard there are some serious browser issues right now.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:10 AM   #3  
Deer|-|untR
Humiliation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVeRiCk
I heard there are some serious browser issues right now.

Nah not really, in chatting with some friends of mine from i2 most of the server/browser crashing probs have all been corrected since ubi released the second patch recently and trinitygaming put up some dedi servers...which it helps big time... i hear that the MP lobbies are gay tho and i hope they change them but other than that...the graphics dont seem so bad and the gameplay is fun..especially coop...but once some more ppl get their dedi's up..it should be all good..

And for you fellas that have bought the game and tryed it, do you guys see how sweet motion blur is ? The hud movments are just like RVS , and the loss of leaning with this new system opens up even more opportunities then leaning did, and will create more reserved and cautious playing.

But most importantly to the l33t members of this clan , a feature that without, would promise failure........RUNNING AND ZOOMING IS ENABLED!

DeerHunter Out !!!!

Old 01-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #4  
Hermes
Wicked Sick!

I was hard into RvS since the demo, even warlord for a long time. If this games hits pc i will be buying it.

I think the idea of taking out the lean sucks but oh well. And wasn't scope and run always enabled? Or is that just a Vegas 360 thing?

Oh and is there a demo for pc?

Last edited by Hermes : 01-01-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #5  
Deer|-|untR
Humiliation!

yes its real.. the game has allready been released for pc man !!! and ppl started getting their PC preorders mid december as well and the reviews so far are good...so cross your fingers ppl.. however, best to my knowledge no demo has been released (as of yet) ?

okay so i umm, anyways...played it

and SP is hella fun, but because there's no leaning in the game, i keep hitting q or e, which are for this game, throwing nades or switching weapons lol

i haven't tried MP out yet...but it does feel hopeful, the movements are very much like rvs, and it runs decent on my rig for the most part, some maps are laggy but i am only trying it out on my my mothers puter (piece of crap) have 1gig ram :s

anyways, there are rumours of a demo being released in another day or two...so i hope it has MP so i can play some MP with you guys, but so far, the game is great (for single player)

one last thing, the cover mode thing with 3rd person cam is kinda cool but i think i would hate it for online play...feels like cheating, but mind you in a lot of cases using it, your gun will be visible or foot, (for when peeking corners) so it's not that big of a cheat...i think in most cases a body part will almost always be somewhat showing

anyways, i really like it..i thought i would hate the TPV but after using it for a couple hours i kinda like it...theres a few little tricks you can use with it and could be hella fun online.. i felt like i was playin rvs with a twist !!!

DeerHunter Out !!

Old 01-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #6  
Hermes
Wicked Sick!

yeah i was checkin out the site and realized it already is released. Couldn't find a demo tho, not even SP. But ima be lookin almost everyday, post it if u find out. Im excited to play the game

Old 01-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #7  
Deer|-|untR
Humiliation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes
I think the idea of taking out the lean sucks but oh well. And wasn't scope and run always enabled? Or is that just a Vegas 360 thing?

Oh and is there a demo for pc?

As far as i know it wasn't always so, in fact in the last installment for Lockdown it wasn't and i can't remember if it was or wasn't for the latest Ghost recon ? i am pretty sure it wasn't ?? as for the lack of leaning in this r6v version, and as i said before, the loss of leaning with this new system opens up even more opportunities then leaning did, and will create more reserved and cautious playing. So overall some good vibes i am getting from playing this game .... dare i say as good of gameplay as rvs ?? hard to say, it's more like rvs with a modern twist.

hope to see a few more of you fellas trying it out once the demo is out ?

DeerHunter Out !!!

Old 01-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #8  
MaVeRiCk
Dominating!

lockdown was a total joke.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #9  
Deer|-|untR
Humiliation!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVeRiCk
lockdown was a total joke.

Lockdown = Letdown ..... Big time that being said i never did purchase the game as my only way of venting to ubi NOT to put out a pos product. In my opinion i think they may have gotten it right with this new version on R6vegas ! who else is playing it here besides Joe & myself ???

Old 01-14-2007, 12:54 AM   #10  
DarkstarFA
First Blood!

Well for those of whom were in the RVS division towards the later end of things Steve aka Theory and I are probably gonna start playin rvs-v when I get my pc....Hopefully I should be all set up by next month...Wether we would be joining FA or not is another story...We might just start something up ourselves but who knows....I'll keep ya posted....

And whos planning on leading this division?