Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Gears of War

360 acting up
Old 11-23-2006, 12:59 PM   #1  
The_Syrin
Humiliation!

Exclamation 360 acting up

I woke up today and turned on my Xbox and I got the three flashing red lights pattern and it didnt make it any farther so I turned it off and on and got the same thing. and I still can't make it any farther. So I googled the problem and it gave me some step by step stuff to do and none of that has worked either. Any body else ever have this happen to them and if so got any solution to my problem if I don't find something out I am gonna have pay another 400 dollars for a new one so I'll take any help I can get thanks.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:32 PM   #2  
RussoPrimera
Humiliation!

Depends on a certain amount of things:

Is your 360 produced in 2005? If so Micro$oft replaces your console (as far as I know) due to the fact that a "bad batch" was produced.

Do you still have your warranty? If so make use of it!

In other words: call Microsoft customer service. They'll ask you for your serial number and you can go from there.

Whatever you do: DON'T OPEN IT UP AND TRY TO FIX IT YOURSELF USING SOME INTERNET INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

This will screw your warranty up.

Hope you get rid of your problem soon.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #3  
Supernova
Gears of War Team

ouch instead of blue screen of death its Red lights of death.

i got the first batch and mine works perfectly. i got a perfect solution for it though swap the red and the green leds around then you will have 3 green lights. nah im just joking, what RussoPrimera said

Old 11-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #4  
Hermes
Wicked Sick!

my buddy had the same problem. Had to hit it with a tire thumper when we were drunk a few times and it actually worked (no im not kidding). a few days later tho it was all fucked up again and the tire thumper just couldn't do the job... it literally took a flying headbut before it worked again. We broke the face plate tho

Old 11-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #5  
HarDcOrEgAm3r
Gears of War Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Syrin
I woke up today and turned on my Xbox and I got the three flashing red lights pattern and it didnt make it any farther so I turned it off and on and got the same thing. and I still can't make it any farther. So I googled the problem and it gave me some step by step stuff to do and none of that has worked either. Any body else ever have this happen to them and if so got any solution to my problem if I don't find something out I am gonna have pay another 400 dollars for a new one so I'll take any help I can get thanks.
Chances are your Hard drive is corrupted. The same thing happened to me. I would recomend you to buy a new one or you can just return it.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #6  
The_Syrin
Humiliation!

yea just ordered a new 360 lol called customer support and they were like 3 - 4 weeks before we can have it fixed and it's 1 - 2 weeks til I get my new xbox so why wait any longer then I have to but I am also sending my screwed xbox in to get repaired that way when my boy nastey nate comes over we won't have to play on the same screen