Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!
View Poll Results: Xbox360 or New PC?
Xbox360 7 43.75%
PC 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Xbox360 or New PC?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #1  
Apostle
Humiliation!

Default Xbox360 or New PC?

That's basically my choice for Christmas.

Any opinions?

Btw, if I got the 360, my I'm gonna get GoW and i already have Live.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #2  
Napir
SC2 Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
That's basically my choice for Christmas.

Any opinions?

Btw, if I got the 360, my I'm gonna get GoW and i already have Live.

The Xbox 360 rocks dude i sold my Xps laltop (3000 dollar ) for it and i like the console more and more and Gow is great :D

Old 11-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #3  
Kudos
CS Team Member

too bad the 99$ core system on amazon sold out in 15minutes...or you could get both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlade
Yeah that Kudos kid is fucking funny as a goat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoZ \FA\
For sure kudos is one suckass dude.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #4  
Apostle
Humiliation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos
too bad the 99$ core system on amazon sold out in 15minutes...or you could get both.

the core system isnt even worth it.

...although for $99 id probably break even getting the upgrades

Old 11-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #5  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos
15 minutes? Lhurg and I were on there refreshing from like 15 till, then when they released them the entire site crashed. It came back up 3 minutes later and said they were sold out. Supposedly they sold 1,000 Xbox 360s in 2 minutes. I was kind of annoyed.

$100 core system, toss a $50 20gb HD on it(or wait a month till those 70gb drives hit) and it's pretty much just as good as a Premium. You don't need the LIVE headset cause they come with the 12 months of live you have to buy anyway. RIght now on Amazon, they have 12 months of live, the headset, the 360 Live Camera, 2 XBL Arcade games, all for $40. Wireless controls? I got 3 of them for $65 total. So that $100 core system would have been well worth it.

Old 11-24-2006, 06:14 PM   #6  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

I would say that for life expectancy, get a 360 because you dont have to do many expensive upgrades to it. PC's on the other hand, have to be upgraded every year or so internally. Its up to you, really.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:32 PM   #7  
CoreyvsWorld
Warlord

Thats a tough choice actually, I have both a good PC and an xbox360 so luckily i don't have to choose. Personally i don't see many have to have games on either system, 360's killer is Gears of war, not really many other super good games though. PC is kind of dying with the all the new consoles coming out, not many good games lately, they had their burst with half life 2 in there. I would say 360 though in the end, a good gaming computers gonna be way more then 400 bucks.

Old 11-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #8  
blood

blood is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamanEXE
I would say that for life expectancy, get a 360 because you dont have to do many expensive upgrades to it. PC's on the other hand, have to be upgraded every year or so internally. Its up to you, really.
er, they do? KhaoZ plays source and he has a 3 year old PC. that shoots that *stereotype*. Get a PC. It's as simple as freedom to customize your games, able to make games for the Xbox 1080 (lol) run on your pc just not at SUPERMAX but it saves you spending $300 on a locked box and giving money to m$. I'm not even gonna start here, just google before you attempt to flame me for saying that. www.microsuck.com is an ok spot to start.

with that said, PC will offer you *so* much more over the years than an Xbox 360. I find it funny how people are all pro-console and they copy more and more from the PC with each gen. roffles. next yull say "Linux isn't good 'cause it's hard"

[/flapping gums]
})FA| blood

ps. i'm serious about it all but instead of me trying to over-inform you so you see what i mean, just go buy the 360 and be pissed when you can't do X without physically modding, or Y 'cause it can't do that yet or costs extra, or Z 'cause m$ said no.. oh.. dont forget having to buy the next gen and throwing away the 360. i'm sure m$ will drop it like a brick once they have a new money maker. meanwhile my PC will be playing GoW2 -- the same pc i'm using now, which isn't Top of the Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyvsWorld
Thats a tough choice actually, I have both a good PC and an xbox360 so luckily i don't have to choose. Personally i don't see many have to have games on either system, 360's killer is Gears of war, not really many other super good games though. PC is kind of dying with the all the new consoles coming out, not many good games lately, they had their burst with half life 2 in there. I would say 360 though in the end, a good gaming computers gonna be way more then 400 bucks.
I wouldn't say it's dying. There are a lot of new games still being made for PC. 0.o where is the dying part?

Old 11-26-2006, 06:29 PM   #9  
blood

blood is

why doesn't source count? it's my premier game until ss2845 final comes out.. GoW is the premier xbox game :P

i didn't mean to sound ignorant there. me and khaoz were just talking about this and i made my points, he made his, we agree that each has their own purpose and "flavors". if someone likes a pc better because the learning curve isn't so big, then pc (me). if it's simplicity you're looking for because you got lots going or what not, console (khaoz).

i didn't mean to be all one-sided or not seeing the 360 side, just so it's said. but, seriously, if you google around and read forums you can push your PC for years and years, was my point :)

Old 11-27-2006, 12:50 AM   #10  
CoreyvsWorld
Warlord

OKAY maybe its just me that thinks PC is currently taking the backseat, but tell me this, when is the last time since ps3, 360 and Wii have been announced that PC has been in the spotlight? WoW maybe? I give it to PC gaming for having the big competition spots, but I think with all the new consoles developers are all about them.