Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

gaming update
Old 09-06-2007, 02:07 AM   #1  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

Default gaming update

I thought it might be helpful if i updated everyone on the big name games coming in the new few months, and the bigger ones to remember early next year. a good thing to note is that somehow the 360 has nearly every popular franchise now, and so most of the games im talking about will be available on it, if not all.

As we all know, Bioshock was just released. It's a fantastic game worth a play, maybe even a purchase. It's got a great story, interesting gameplay and i've already beaten it. the unique design makes it fun the whole way through.

I haven't played the series, but Metroid prime 3 was just released and promises to be a fantastic game on the Wii. It's the first of the popular series to go on the wii and take advantage of its controls.

another game just released was medal of honor: airborne. ive seen good things frmo the trailers and ill definitely be playing it. its on all the systems.

i havnt seen a good skateboarding game in a while, but Skate is supposed to be a huge step up from the mostly popular tony hawk series. give it a try if youre into this.

Project gotham racing 4 is one of the most amazing, realistic automotive simulators ive ever seen. it looks absolutely amazing. its coming out in october! be ready. check out the trailers for it.

i wont touch on it much, but we all know halo 3 is coming out soon.

in november theres a ton of titles to be aware of! its going to be a busy month.

first we have call of duty 4. ive been playing the beta and i find it addictive, well balanced, full of features, and most importantly a ton of fun! keep an eye out for this one. its modern combat this time around.

next one is a game im definitely looking forward to. assassin's creed is a game set around the time of the first crusade. you basically ride horses, climb walls, navigate cities (based on the real ones from back then), rush through crowds, and use anything to kill important figureheads. sounds fucking awesome!

every resident evil game ive played has been fun. resident evil: the umbrella chronicles looks to be no different. its going to make use of the wii controls and the game looks intense! if youre a RE fan, dont forget about this game!

another game that khaoz and i (but mainly khaoz) are incredibly pumped for is mass effect. its an action role-playing game under development by BioWare who is the same studio that made Knights of the Old Republic, an amazing star wars rpg. the game takes place in the year 2183, with the player assuming the role of an elite human soldier named Commander Shepard, set out to explore a vast universe on his ship, SSV Normandy. DONT FORGET THIS!

the devil may cry series was always lots of fun, so im going to keep my eyes open for Devil May Cry 4 when it comes out in november.

other games:
World in Conflict
Grand Theft Auto IV
3/5/08
hellgate london

If you feel like I missed something, feel free to make some comments.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #2  
Fallen JeStEr
RS: Vegas Staff

cool

Old 09-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #3  
BearAssJoe
Killing Spree!

Bioshock unique design? I think not. Have you played Deus Ex, Deus Ex 2, System Shock 2, or Dark Messiah? There's a number of games like it. Too few though imo but it makes them more worth while when they are released.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:09 AM   #4  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearAssJoe
Bioshock unique design? I think not. Have you played Deus Ex, Deus Ex 2, System Shock 2, or Dark Messiah? There's a number of games like it. Too few though imo but it makes them more worth while when they are released.
I bet if EA didn't own the rights to the name System Shock, Irrational would have used that name instead of Bioshock, and made it System Shock 3. Oh well.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #5  
eighteesix / Killya
Call of Duty Staff

lol well the design is still unique in many aspects. deus ex isnt much like it, so not sure what youre talking about there.