Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes! > Tech Talk

p4 3ghz running at 1.5ghz
Old 01-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #1  
$icKn3$$
Retired FA Legend

Default p4 3ghz running at 1.5ghz

O_O i tried to reset the clock speed in bios and it flipped out... any suggestions?

i don't know how the jumper would've been reset but i guess i will check..

Old 01-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #2  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Ok first thing is first.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok, now that that is out of my system.

Check your frequency. The battery on my motherboard is dead, so every time the power goes out or I go to a LAN party, all of my BIOS settings reset.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #3  
$icKn3$$
Retired FA Legend

i tried working it through the bios again and it's back to normal, i'll have to check on the battery because i did just change the room it was in.. so.

and don't even get into the AMD vs Intel thing ;) cause i'm not gonna argue. i dunno if it's just me but i've had tons and tons and tons of problems with amds.. so :)

Old 01-10-2007, 07:52 AM   #4  
blood

blood is

Quote:
Originally Posted by $icKn3$$
i tried working it through the bios again and it's back to normal, i'll have to check on the battery because i did just change the room it was in.. so.

and don't even get into the AMD vs Intel thing ;) cause i'm not gonna argue. i dunno if it's just me but i've had tons and tons and tons of problems with amds.. so :)
who said anything about AMD vs Intel

but on that comment "tons and tons of problems with amds.." it sounds like you're a noobsauce HW tech :D

Old 01-10-2007, 11:12 AM   #5  
$icKn3$$
Retired FA Legend

rofl yea probably.. except i hadn't had a stable amd since my k6 when i was like 13..

to make a long story short i first bought into the amd side of things ... but then the whole amd not working well with via bridges.. which at the time seemed to be the only mobo's i had around me to work with..

but i haven't had an amd since my t-bird flaked out.. :\ strangly enough i had to use a p3 for months and it never had a problem and i'd kept it on for months at a time. when i was looking for a new pc, stability became a key factor and based on my previous expierence i went with intel.

but.. i've built acouple pc's for people in the last few years and i have to admit we ussually end up going with amd based on price ;) and the new processors seem fairly stable (and cooler).

so anyway the only real problem i've had with this chip was keeping it cool the first summer i had it :p

but yea maybe i'm a noob, there's just something seared in my memory about having to reset irq's over and over .

Old 01-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #6  
blood

blood is

you sum it up pretty well. this is what drives me away from wanting to nicely help people with their IT problems... they can't admit they didn't know better.

such is life,
blood

Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #7  
$icKn3$$
Retired FA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood
you sum it up pretty well. this is what drives me away from wanting to nicely help people with their IT problems... they can't admit they didn't know better.

such is life,
blood

not meaning to "drive you away" but not to nit pick but you didn't really offer any advice :p

but it's ok, i ussually get the answer i need from mega anyway, and we've argued amd vs intel for years, thanks though buddeh.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #8  
blood

blood is

Quote:
Originally Posted by $icKn3$$
not meaning to "drive you away" but not to nit pick but you didn't really offer any advice :p

but it's ok, i ussually get the answer i need from mega anyway, and we've argued amd vs intel for years, thanks though buddeh.
ever get it sick? heh

sorry.. what else are you gonna do? reset the mobo, RMA the mobo? RMA the chip? RMA the RAM?

that's the end of the list and all involves shipping and stuff. no fun.

blood

Old 01-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #9  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

dont ever buy VIA anything. all of their shit doesnt work.