Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

so i was thinking
Old 05-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #1  
Shifty
Dominating!

Default so i was thinking

RPG's such right now blizzard needs to say fuck to WoW and make starcraft 2!

kthnx

Old 05-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #2  
StormFA
First Blood!

sounds good to me

Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #3  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

If that sentence made sense I would agree. But yeah they're making a fortune on WoW so don't count on it.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #4  
Lithium
Retired FA Legend

"April 11, 2007 - Put on your skeptical goggles because rumors are swirling that StarCraft 2 is finally a reality. The Team Liquid forums have translated an article from Korean site Fighter Forum that says StarCraft 2 is on the way and a beta will be released at the end of 2007.

According to Fighter Forum, StarCraft 2 continues the story of the original and adds a new race based on Kerrigan, making a total of four races. While that wouldn't be totally off the mark, we figured the new race would be more the super-race mix between Zerg and Protoss rather than Zerg and Terran or at least the mystically advanced Xel'Naga. The three older tribes will each be receiving around two additional units."

Could be BS, but I have read an official interview with Blizzard, and the guy said, they definintly plan on creating another StarCraft. The fan base is huge, of course their going to make another. It'll be awhile no doubt. But it will come.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #5  
Lithium
Retired FA Legend

and some more here

"The report also claims that Blizzard plans to shut down its original StarCraft servers in order to ensure the success of the sequel.

As popular as StarCraft was on these shores, it doesn't come close to the enthusiasm the game still enjoys in Asia, where televised, professional matches are held regularly. Blizzard has an event coming up in Korea where they are expected to make a large announcement, so it could very well be that the company has chosen the area where StarCraft is the most popular to announce its sequel.

As of this writing, Blizzard could not be reached for comment."

Old 05-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #6  
Lithium
Retired FA Legend

but then I found this:

"When reached for comment today this was Blizzard's official response:

We do intend to announce a new product at the Worldwide Invitational next month in Korea, and we appreciate the enthusiasm and interest in getting an advance look at what that will be, but players will have to wait until May 19th to find out more. Also, we have a very strong connection with the characters and settings of StarCraft, and we do plan to revisit that universe at some point in the future, but we don't have anything new to announce in that regard at present.
So that's a yes on a StarCraft 2, eventually, and a yes to a product announcement next month. The only question now is are they one in the same."

So StarCraft 2 is probably going to be made, but I wouldnt expect it for a long ass time.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #7  
StormFA
First Blood!

Well i hope that stuff is wrong.. that sounds like a new expansion if all they doing is adding a new race and 2 new units to the old races. Needs to be totally reworked to be called Starcraft2 imo. Atleast new models or something.