Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

GameComm
Old 06-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #1  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

Default GameComm

https://beta.gamecomm.com/register/

The most amazing sound quality I've ever heard. It's like talking on the phone. Gooshy you might want to look into this. If just to register and connect to random server to see the quality. I'm extremely impressed.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:35 AM   #2  
MaVeRiCk
Dominating!

Gamecomm has actually been around for 3+ years; in fact I believe an attempt was made to have an FA wide voice server and it was gamecomm that was chosen way back when...

I always liked it and the prices were right on the money (all hosting was done first party) but then it just kind of vanished...

Old 07-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #3  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

Yeah I think it's been in development since 2005. Unless that was a different Gamecomm.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #4  
MaVeRiCk
Dominating!

I DLed the client and jumped in some server... This is definitely the same technology as the original - the voices sounds very similar but the UI has been stripped down to something much more raw. Also the logo is the same as the original.

I tried to do some digging about gamecomm but there's surprisingly jack shit about it online. I remember the little synopsis from Gamecomm a few years back was that it was some massive graduate-student type project several students took on that grew beyond their experiment. I swear I have some SS's somewhere because I wrote a tutorial involving gamecomm at one point...

I remember my favorite feature was that you could individually turn up or turn down the volume of a given player; very useful because some people are invariably loud and others have quiet mics or speak like mice.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #5  
IceBlade
Forum Nazi

Yeah that's one of the features I like as well. Another is the friends list so you can see where your friends are and jump into whatever server they happen to be in. It's great for a lot of us who frequent more than one.