Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes! > Tech Talk

Laptop/Notebook
Old 10-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #1  
Kudos
CS Team Member

Default Laptop/Notebook

Ive been saving up for a while(due to lack of a job) and i have a budget from 800-1000$ anyone know of any good laptops on the market that are around there. Mainly i want something that i can play games on, i know most Good gaming laptops are around 2k.

Im not expecting to play oblivion on it but if i could Run BF2 on med-high or something along that range of graphics would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlade
Yeah that Kudos kid is fucking funny as a goat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoZ \FA\
For sure kudos is one suckass dude.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #2  
Emerica.
Wicked Sick!

Yeah, 1000 is gunna be tough. Im running on a Dell 1750. Nvidia 7900, 2.0 ghz dual core, and 2 gb DDR2. I can run BF2 on high easy. But my notebook was also retailied for like 2,300. Mine was 1,700 because my dad saves a lot of money through his company with dell. But, in my opinion you would be better off getting your self a job and paying out the extra cash. Because ill tell you having this power that I can go mobile with is a great thing.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #3  
Hell-Kite
Skelator

I'd suggest maybe looking at acer, i've got a acer myself, but I bought it for travel and the battery life is amazing, ive seen some cheaper acers with gamging setups, they just dont have very good battery life

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Old 10-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  
Rathious
Wicked Sick!

Why a laptop you could build a nice tower or even a shuttle for around that that would handle what you want it to do. In th elaptop arena i have found even the good ones tend to get bogged down when gaming but that is mostly due to the mobile components. that is just me if it lags i ain't using it if i got a desktop but i don't game at friends houses and shit either. I am a home based gamer if i am out it is really hard to play a game and party woith friends. or at the bar for that matter and the fact that most places here don't have wireless around just a thought. I have no clue what else you need it for.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #5  
Kudos
CS Team Member

yeh i was thinking about using it to start on a gaming rig. If i really think about it, i think i like the though of being able to play games anywhere(even if its not online) but i had a psp and im selling it, because i hardly go places and if i do its somewhere i dont want to pull it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlade
Yeah that Kudos kid is fucking funny as a goat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoZ \FA\
For sure kudos is one suckass dude.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:29 AM   #6  
blood

blood is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudos
yeh i was thinking about using it to start on a gaming rig. If i really think about it, i think i like the though of being able to play games anywhere(even if its not online) but i had a psp and im selling it, because i hardly go places and if i do its somewhere i dont want to pull it out.
and a laptop is 30x as PITA to pull out.. (pain in the ass).
i've owned 3. build a rig.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:52 AM   #7  
element.
First Blood!

I have an HP Pavilion dv9000 and it works great with games i play but i'm not sure if it can run bf2 on high settings. It's the amd 1.6ghz turion 64 x2, nvidia go 6150 128mb, and a gig of ram around 1000. u should check it out