Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Resistance Fall of Man
Old 12-20-2006, 04:49 AM   #1  
Hermes
Wicked Sick!

Default Resistance Fall of Man

Has anyone played this yet?
I played coop on my buddies ps3 with the high def cables and it was fuckin siiiiick. Great graphics, story line and really fun game play too. He also has a 360 and he said it was pretty comparable with gears of war fun wise.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #2  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Yeah, I played it. Game was ok. It just came out at the wrong time I think. 6 months ago it would have been a great game with great graphics, but it coming out so close to amazing games like Gears of War, it just didn't look or play that great. Plus, Sony's online deal sucks hardcore compared to LIVE, so that didn't help either. The game is decent though, but definitely not as nice looking as some 360 games, nor as fun.

And your friend is crazy, Gears of War owns Resistance hands down. It completely slaughters it in graphics, but also beats it in online fun factor as well. If gears of War didn't have the bugs it does(which they say will be patched soon), it would be a lot more fun online.

But as I said, overall Resistance is a pretty good game. Will it save the PS3? No. Is it the PS3s Halo? Far from it. Still a decent game though. Seems much more comparable to Lost Planet on the 360. Lost Planet will be a pretty sweet game as well. The 2 Demos for it rock.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #3  
})FA.cL0cK
Alcoholic

opinions vs. opinions.

(edit)

except for the LIVE part. ps3 aint got shit. in a world of communication, the least they could have done for the 3 was make a fuckin online community. r-tards.

It's time to meet your master.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:30 AM   #4  
drtydzn12
Humiliation!

I've heard the PS3 doesn't have a unified buddy list like the 360 does. If that's the case it's basically the same online experience compared to the ps3 except the online store...

Old 12-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #5  
Hermes
Wicked Sick!

yeah that was one thing my buddy doesn't have online for either of them. He didn't have too much to say about gears once he beat it. I still have yet to play GoW :mad:

Old 12-25-2006, 01:37 AM   #6  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Yeah, the PS3 online system is crap compared to LIVE. And if he hasn't played them online then he's not really experiencing the game. Gears Multi or any Xbox 360 game on LIVE just amps the fun factor x100 easy.

Old 12-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #7  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoZ \FA\
Yeah, the PS3 online system is crap compared to LIVE. And if he hasn't played them online then he's not really experiencing the game. Gears Multi or any Xbox 360 game on LIVE just amps the fun factor x100 easy.
until you try and play any ranked matches, in which you get to try for 30 minutes to play 1 game :)

with all the exlusives leaving sony it looks like my only reason to get a ps3 is now just to play resistance...

I killed a warlock once, then credits started rolling and it said "Congratulations, you have beat World of Warcraft!" And then I died from Dots.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #8  
})FA.cL0cK
Alcoholic

i got to play resistance online yesterday. twas' fun as fuck, matches were fast paced, and I never had a problem with lag, finding a match, etc.

It's time to meet your master.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:16 PM   #9  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhurgoyf
until you try and play any ranked matches, in which you get to try for 30 minutes to play 1 game :)

with all the exlusives leaving sony it looks like my only reason to get a ps3 is now just to play resistance...
For real. And who wants to spend that kind of money on a slightly above mediocre game?

Sony needs to step it up here.

Capcom, Namco, and now possibly even Konami are jumping on the 360 bandwagon. Tekken, Soul Calibur, Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry and now rumors of Metal Gears Solid hitting the 360. They're saying PS3 will get MGS4 first, but a lowbie in Konami was caught saying that they are working on MGS4 for the 360.

Crazy times we live in.