Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Xbox 360 Question
Old 12-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #1  
Emerica.
Wicked Sick!

Default Xbox 360 Question

Hey, im thinking about investing my hard earned money into the ever so talked bout Xbox 360. The primary question I have to ask is does this baby overheat? My friend says you need like 3 fans and all this bs. Yet, other say put it in the right position and you're golden. As of now I am just going to order the delux console, an extra controller, the wireless adapter for live, and Vegas. But, if this thing is going to be overheating on me what is a good thing to buy? Thanks in advance!!

Old 12-28-2006, 08:57 PM   #2  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

No, they don't overheat when placed propperly. They're computers, not VCRs, so some people put them in tight confined entertainment centers that have no ventilation. Anyone who's put a decent computer in a enclosed cubby under their desk knows, doing that will cause your comp to overheat. I've left my 360 on for 3 days at a time without turning it off and it wasn't even blowing out warm air. You don't need any extra fans. Just leave it in the open without anything up against it, and not sitting on carpet, and you're fine. Be sure the external power supply isn't next to it either, since that thing does heat up a little.

Some people had issues with overheating in the first batch of 360s because of a problem they had with the thermal paste they used on the CPUs. Ever since then people haven't gotten over it. Yours will be fine, and if it isn't, MS just upped the factory warranty to 1 full year. They pay shipping both ways and fully cover your 360.

You'll be fine though. Don't listen to the BS.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:24 AM   #3  
Emerica.
Wicked Sick!

Thanks, ill place my order tonight. :)

Old 12-29-2006, 02:25 AM   #4  
lhurgoyf
ƒ¯ƒ¥ƒ°ƒ°,,L

all electronics need air. If you keep it in a confined space it will get hot and potentially have problems.

They also say to use the 360 horizontally so it wont scratch the disk... dunno bout that one but my gow disk gets read errors all the time and I use mine vertically (due to space issues).

I killed a warlock once, then credits started rolling and it said "Congratulations, you have beat World of Warcraft!" And then I died from Dots.