Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #11  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Gaara as the Kazekage = Fangirl Orgasm

Old 02-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #12  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Does anyone know when the "Hero's Come Back!!!" single comes out?

Old 02-22-2007, 04:04 AM   #13  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Hmm, what is Naruto? I've heard it here and there, I think I even saw part of an episode once, but it just seemed like a generic japanima from those maybe 5 minutes. I can't judge the entire show based on 5 minutes, but I do toss most japanimations out the window these days causue none seem to be mature. I was into it back when there was Macross, and Akira, and Ghost in the Shell, but now days it's like, little boys say something wierd, and a girl suddenly has her face to all wierd and her eyes get real big and move in wierd ways. It's all very over exadurated like a childrens show.

Sorry if Naruto isn't one of those kinds of Japanimations. If it's not, please explain a little to me. Some of the meat of the show that makes it different and good. I would appreciate it.

-K

Old 02-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #14  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoZ \FA\
Hmm, what is Naruto? I've heard it here and there, I think I even saw part of an episode once, but it just seemed like a generic japanima from those maybe 5 minutes. I can't judge the entire show based on 5 minutes, but I do toss most japanimations out the window these days causue none seem to be mature. I was into it back when there was Macross, and Akira, and Ghost in the Shell, but now days it's like, little boys say something wierd, and a girl suddenly has her face to all wierd and her eyes get real big and move in wierd ways. It's all very over exadurated like a childrens show.

Sorry if Naruto isn't one of those kinds of Japanimations. If it's not, please explain a little to me. Some of the meat of the show that makes it different and good. I would appreciate it.

-K

There is a lot of humor, but for the most part it is viloence.....and filler.....

Old 02-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #15  
Sc0rPi0n
Super Moderator

Episode 3 is amazing. This is arguably the best animated series ever, or will be.

Quote:

-K

There are 4 main types of anime, anime for boys, anime for girls, anime for older boys, and anime for older girls. And of course hentai and other off genre anime.

The most popular anime is anime for boys, or Shonen; which includes Naruto.

The reason people watch japenese anime isn't because of the action or the stupid comic relief. It is because of the character development, and estrangement to japenese culture.

Think about it, when your a little kid, you probably watched Darkwing duck, or ninja turtles, or something like that. One episode didn't have anything to do with the next. Afterward you graduated to soap operas, same deal. Also, in these shows the good guy always wins, the outcome is predetermined.

The only instance where this wasn't the case was movies, where people would die, or you would have sequels and multiple movies.

Now you have Japenese Anime, and I will use Naruto as the perfect example. Right off the bat you have people dieing, which immediatly strikes you as not being right. No matter what the outcome is you still think "I wish that person hadn't died". In Japan, death is honorable and not a big deal, but in America where we value the sanctity of life, it hits deep and keeps you interested.

Now every episode effects the next. In looney toons the coyote always messes up on his trap and falls off the cliff. You can miss a years worth of episodes and that will not change. But in Naruto, you miss important character development. It isn't just fluff, it tells a story, and you basically grow along with the character. Naruto grow up from a little kid not knowing who he is or where he is going, to a strong ninja, and you are there for the ride.

Point being, every climax you do not know what is going to happen. There are anime where the good guys all die in order to save the world, or they all die for nothing, or they defeat the bad guys. In Naruto, nobody really knows what is going to happen to Sasuke. Is he going to die? Does he switch back to Konoha's side, does he sacrifice himself to kill Oro having a change of heart, or does he become the epitamy of his brother and kill off his village. These interesting features keep you glued to your computer and let you ignore the "fluff" that is thrown in there for the little kiddies in japan.

http://cellfish.com/multimedia/110451

Old 02-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #16  
CoreyvsWorld
Warlord

scrop, you're the fucking man. that was actually perfect...

i cant say anything else that scorp hasnt.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:15 PM   #17  
MegamanEXE
First Blood!

My god episode 3 was amazing, I was every episode was an hour long like the first.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #18  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rPi0n
Episode 3 is amazing. This is arguably the best animated series ever, or will be.

There are 4 main types of anime, anime for boys, anime for girls, anime for older boys, and anime for older girls. And of course hentai and other off genre anime.

The most popular anime is anime for boys, or Shonen; which includes Naruto.

The reason people watch japenese anime isn't because of the action or the stupid comic relief. It is because of the character development, and estrangement to japenese culture.

Think about it, when your a little kid, you probably watched Darkwing duck, or ninja turtles, or something like that. One episode didn't have anything to do with the next. Afterward you graduated to soap operas, same deal. Also, in these shows the good guy always wins, the outcome is predetermined.

The only instance where this wasn't the case was movies, where people would die, or you would have sequels and multiple movies.

Now you have Japenese Anime, and I will use Naruto as the perfect example. Right off the bat you have people dieing, which immediatly strikes you as not being right. No matter what the outcome is you still think "I wish that person hadn't died". In Japan, death is honorable and not a big deal, but in America where we value the sanctity of life, it hits deep and keeps you interested.

Now every episode effects the next. In looney toons the coyote always messes up on his trap and falls off the cliff. You can miss a years worth of episodes and that will not change. But in Naruto, you miss important character development. It isn't just fluff, it tells a story, and you basically grow along with the character. Naruto grow up from a little kid not knowing who he is or where he is going, to a strong ninja, and you are there for the ride.

Point being, every climax you do not know what is going to happen. There are anime where the good guys all die in order to save the world, or they all die for nothing, or they defeat the bad guys. In Naruto, nobody really knows what is going to happen to Sasuke. Is he going to die? Does he switch back to Konoha's side, does he sacrifice himself to kill Oro having a change of heart, or does he become the epitamy of his brother and kill off his village. These interesting features keep you glued to your computer and let you ignore the "fluff" that is thrown in there for the little kiddies in japan.
I know all about Action Soap Opera style tv shows and cartoons, I grew up in the time of Ronin Warriors, Macross and Robotech back in the 80s and early 90s, years before the trash they try to pass off as japanimation now days. The Character developement was just as good or better back then, but without the childish elements.

I do enjoy that sort of TV show more myself though. It's partly why I never got into Friends, or any of those comic sitcoms that don't relate one episode to the next, but have always been more into shows like the recent Surface, or Heroes, or 24. Shows that are a bit like Action Soap Operas.

I just haven't seen a decent Japanimation since I was in highschool. Though, I didn't like DBZ at all when it came out cause it was so childish compared to the Japanimations I was into, but eventually came to like it quite a bit, so who knows.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #19  
CoreyvsWorld
Warlord

the end of episode 3 made gaara look badass, everyone thought he was gonna get totally ganked, YEAH RIGHT.

i wanna start seeing some more characters though, big ones i wanna see is rock lee and gai sensei haha

Old 02-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #20  
Sc0rPi0n
Super Moderator

Quote:
I know all about Action Soap Opera style tv shows and cartoons, I grew up in the time of Ronin Warriors, Macross and Robotech back in the 80s and early 90s, years before the trash they try to pass off as japanimation now days. The Character developement was just as good or better back then, but without the childish elements.

I do enjoy that sort of TV show more myself though. It's partly why I never got into Friends, or any of those comic sitcoms that don't relate one episode to the next, but have always been more into shows like the recent Surface, or Heroes, or 24. Shows that are a bit like Action Soap Operas.

I just haven't seen a decent Japanimation since I was in highschool. Though, I didn't like DBZ at all when it came out cause it was so childish compared to the Japanimations I was into, but eventually came to like it quite a bit, so who knows.

I prefer the newer anime to the old ones. Even the shonen has more interesting drama than the older anime.

http://cellfish.com/multimedia/110451