Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

PS3, Dead Already?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:34 AM   #1  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Arrow PS3, Dead Already?

With all the insane amounts of news about how the PS3 is hurting here and there, and how analysts expect the PS3 to take the route of the Dreamcast come 2008, many people are shrugging it off cause they have faith that Sony will find their way through this struggle. But even if you can shrug off the mountains of bad news for the PS3 from the loss of almost all of their exclusives, to the low sales, to the proof that the 360 has the better hardware, to Valve coming out and saying Sony needs to scrap the PS3 and start over. Now, today a strong left jab comes at the PS3 followed on the same day with an insane right hook. What?

PS3 isn't selling in Japan. The Market Sony thought they had in the bag. PS3s are stacking up on store shelves in Japan, and no one wants them. They are commencing with a temporary price reduction to help motivate more initial buyers and get the flow going. A price drop this early? And only temporarily? PS3s stacking up on store shelves in the US AND Japan?

If that wasn't enough, here is that insane right hook:
"If I say too much, Mr. Kutaragi might get really upset. I think that the PS3 is difficult to work with, but so was the PS2... Frankly speaking, I want to create something on the PC. It's a multi-platform [format]. I've been regularly studying work on the PC anyways, and I want to provide something as a world-wide platform..." -Hideo Kojima

The man behind the game all PS3 fanboys hide behind. The Creator of Metal Gear Solid. They are saying that he is going Xbox 360, but since he can't just come out and say that, it's easier to claim the PC, and then release the game on the PC and 360 at the same time, as many other companies do since the making games for the 360 is pretty much the same as making PC games.

Will Sony survive? They have all but fired the top 2 guys in charge of the PS3s development and management. This is a move in the right direction. Those idiots seriously put Sony in the hot seat. If Sony can get someone who is quick and good at cleaning up messes, they could very well pull it off with some luck. It's a long hard road ahead for Sony on this one. The Fanboys have made their PS3 purchases, and beyond them, no one is buying PS3s. Can Sony get others to catch on? Time will tell.

Last edited by KhaOZ : 01-23-2007 at 12:42 AM.