Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Rainbox Six: Vegas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Team Update-All members Read/comment
Old 03-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #1  
NJPunker23
RS: Vegas Team Member

Exclamation Team Update-All members Read/comment

(Courtesy of Jester and Vegan, and myself 'NJPunker')

I would like to start off by saying thank you to Vegan and Jester for taking the reigns of the team admits my studies abroad in England. Even through Jester's school work, and Vegan's band schedule I am (as well as the team) very great full for them taking the time out of their busy lives and dedicate themselves to the division.

Now, for the nitty gritty.
Ill start off with the current issues. As you all know the Vegas team has had a little shrinkage because of the GRAW 2 devision. We lost a couple very dedicated members, but they are always welcome to participate on GB matches. As for the competitive aspect of our team here are our standings in GB:

Team Sharpshooter Winter 07 Ladder:
Rank #256
Level 4 (415 XP)
6-6

Team Survival Winter 07 Ladder:
Rank #180
Level 4 (585 XP)
7-13

Im not gonna lie, there not the best fixtures. When i left i notcied an steady increase of Team Sharpshooter wins, and survival was a bit rough to start. But it seems they have both leveled off now. We cant win em all, but lets at least try to have a better win loss ratio. Moreover, as for attack & defend, we are going to need to participate in this to keep us a well rounded team, as well as keeping us prepped ffor MLG. Also, we need to open up retrieval, because MLG takes into account all game types. But the main reason we should have a squad in every game type is to keep us active, the more active we are, again, the better we will function in matches. Understandably this may sound very daunting for our members (alot of commitment) so our scheduling of our matches will have to be careful *dont want to over do ourselves*

I would also like to touch basis on the MLG opening for Vegas. Vegan is our MLG insider for he played GOW in MLG, and I am going to have him run the MLG squad. This is the real deal, and we need to get our hands into as much competitive match's we can, so we can stay strong and coherent throughout all types of matches, weather its GB, MLG, or just clan matches. I dont know when signup's start for MLG but I am going to have Vegan hold tryouts within our own team to put together a 4 man team.

Here is some basic info bout Vegas in MLG:
--Cost for a Pass to enter for a 4 man team is: $168 dollars
(There fore not only will we be looking for above average players on our team, but players willing to pay as well.)
--Only 56 passes avaliable
--Rules for the MLG vegas matches an be found here
--Competition starts on April 14th and 15th.
(cant find sign up dates yet, will post em later)

Now this is the real thing, so i want to go over what we will be doing in the coming month to prepare not only for MLG (if the team does choose to commit and go) but also for the upcoming GB matches.

Practices:
We have developed many strats as can be seen in our team discussion, lets focus more on these in practice. We dont only have to be a strat based team, i know for a fact that we all play well on our own, protecting each others backs, small groups of 2 for instance have worked well with us. But again, lets have practices focus on some aspect of improvement rather then us just getting together and playing.

Recruitment:
Were gonna open up the recruiting tables again because if were going to have a spot in all gametypes on GB we need to make sure we have reserves and a primary squad. The vets of the vegas team all know how we function, therefore when we recruit we are going to be strict on how we judge, to not let any slackers in, but people that are up to par with our teams skill, as well as willing to commit to our schedule.

Scheduling:
It would be golden if we could have indefinite set in stone practice times, so we then can actually HAVE to show up, and function more formally. If we can get more structure in the squad I think it will really bring out the best of us, and prove to each other that we are willing to do this. The forums here have a great calendar system that we should all take advantage of, for scheduling routine practices and match's.

So to sum it all up, just as FA in a whole is going through some great reform, our devision should be too. Vegan and Jester please feel free to add to this, as well as any other warlords or members, please criticize whats laid out here. I want to hear from everyone on what they think needs to be changed, taken away, added, or kept.

-From your mate in England
-Cheers