Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Pirates of the Caribbean ^spoilers^
Old 05-26-2007, 01:47 AM   #1  
Sc0rPi0n
Super Moderator

Default Pirates of the Caribbean ^spoilers^

Sucked

Gonna try and leave spoilers out and focus on what I didn't like

1) Is this seriously a Disney movie?
a. sexual innuendo (pirates trying to look at vagina's, Bloom grabbing for Keira's "sweet" spot, attempted rape)
b. kids being hanged, in fact hundreds of people
c. lots and lots of killing, some in unusual and cruel ways

2) loooonngggg and drawn out (honestly, they rushed 2 movies into 1; lots of important things go unexplained)
a. Climax?, one of the most uninspiring climax's ever

3) This new appeal to all age groups brings the crowds but it makes for shit movies. You just can't mix and expect for it to mesh well.
a. Polar opposites in the movie, mixing comedy with people being killed brutally does not mix, and it happens from beginning to end.
b. The Comic relief is too frequent and happens almost non stop during the movies climax
c. I guess in an effort to empower women and get them to come to the movie, they give Mrs. Swann a couple of long drawn out story book speeches that completely goes against the entire flow of the movie. I felt a little embarrassed watching her and had to look away.

4) What eats at me is that it is a Disney movie. Any other company it would have just been a shitty production, but Disney is considered THE company for children, and if they had just stuck with the same theme and all as the first one these next two would have turned out great. But what this really tells our youth is:
a. Killing is fun, easy, and has little consequence
b. Sex is fun, easy, and has little consequence
c. Betrayal, orgasms, and murder, can be over looked, natural or just a normal phenomenon. Almost every one of the main characters is involved in this somehow, but miraculously in the end it all turns out fine.

Now normally, just cough this up to it being a shitty movie. Tell parents if they are afraid that their children will turn out to be immoral or whatever, don't show them it. But its different. Disney is a trusted company, parents will buy up these videos when they come out and place their children in front of the television without thinking twice. And I as an adult can see through this movie as simply for what it is, but can a five year old? If there are responsible adults near to guide their children, this movie could be fine. Unfortunately we live in a nation that uses television to baby sit our children.

http://cellfish.com/multimedia/110451

Last edited by Sc0rPi0n : 05-26-2007 at 01:51 AM.