Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 AM   #11  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rPi0n
Sox win, Rockies fail me.

Actually watched a little bit tonight, the cameras showed just as many sox fans as rocks.
That's just the cameras though. They were pin pointing out the Sox fans. When they zoomed out, you saw no red, heh. Just tons of Rocktober towels twirling.

Because of the whole mess of how they did the tickets(which caused people to protest outside Coors field), there were a lot of RedSox fans who got a hold of tickets, and flew out to see the game here. I was online refreshing that site for 3 hours trying to get tickets, as were MANY of us Rockies fans, and all we got was a bunch of pissed off fans. The ticket servers crashed, went down for 24 hours, came back up, and were crashing on and off for hours, as the tickets slowly sold out. They said there was 8.5 million people trying to get 50,000 tickets, and the servers couldn't hang.

Oh well though.

i'm not mad we got swept. Tigers lose 4-1 last year. Cards got swept in 4 in 04. It happens quite often, but it doesn't mean the other team didn't deserve to be there.

Had we not had 9 days off for our whole team to go cold, I think things could have been different, but there's no reason to look back and whine about it, when we had such a great run. I'm happy for how far we got, as well as how it was done. Winning 17/18 just to make it into the playoffs, with a sliding run at the plate against San Diego, then the amazing series against the Phillies and then D-Backs to sweep our way to our first World Series. It was a wild run.

I'm excited for next season as well. 21/22 is way beyond any streak, or fluke. This team is going to be good for some time I think.