Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Retirement
Old 09-14-2006, 12:56 AM   #1  
$icKn3$$
Retired FA Legend

Default Retirement

I'm thinking back and loving every moment I had.
Clan-mates, friends, brothers, I've decided (with current events even more moving me in the direction) that I must take my leave from the Fallen-Angels.

This is probably overdue since my activity level hasn't been to a fair amount to this clan, it's leader's, and the positive direction we're headed.

I've been moving towards this anyway, but something i commited to today made me finally take the final step. I signed a lease agreement with my g/f and another couple for an apartment. We're more than likely going to have internet but I don't know how long until we're going be hooked up and even after that I know I'll be spending a significant amount of time with my g/f and friends outside of working 40hrs a week.

This has been a really tough descion, this clan has been apart of my daily life for almost 5 years. You all have been great friends and I will never forget this place.

Put your heart where your mouth is.

For those I leave behind, now more than ever you have a chance to step up and make a real difference in the direction this clan goes. We're in the upswing and need young dedicated leaders who can take this clan to the next level.

Let me state a fact: Any of you can make a difference.

I started out as a purg in this clan in October of 2001. Your leaders will take notice if you show them your dedicated. Who knows maybe you could be a retiring AD in 2011.

Get out there and make a name for FA, I'll be right there on the sidelines cheering you on. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks

I'll update this part with more of you as I remember, i'm sorry if you're not on here at first, I've seen so many members come and go in 5 years sometimes my memory isn't that great.

Scorp
My brother in the trenchs, you're one of the greatest leader's i've had the privledge of serving with. I believe you can do anything in your life, your determination is inspiring. Thank you for being there as a leader in battle as well as a friend outside the clan.

lhurg
Great leader in the CS division and in the clan. Even though you we're on the otherside of the CS vs UT battles, you've always been respectable. You're knowledge of the site and what needs to be done will help this clan flourish. Thanks for all you've done.

K
You're the first AD i connected with. One of my first WL's as well. Always been a good friend and someone who had the guts to make a descion. You've come back and helped rebuild this place, and have us headed in the right direction.

ibme
Helped me in the times i had to carry the CS division. One of the greatest mediators in the clan's history. You've also been a great friend and source for advice. Thank you for giving me the oppourtunity to lead in this clan.

ice
Few more have made me laugh in this clan other than you. You're one of the great young leaders i was talking about, you've proven to be a great asset to the clan. Good luck in eveything you do, you're definitly part of the future of this clan.

Gooshy
Easily the funniest member ever, you were with me in the old days of CS. So many fun times on Jeepathon6k and insane late night chats on IRC. Oh and if anyone wants to place blame on my rise to add it's on gooshy :p he was the first to give me a high council ranking.

cyb
Noone stepped up like you did in the last few years. You're easily one of the most active AD's, always keeping a lookout for the members in need. Keep up the good work, FA needs more dedication like yours.

hk
Great member. The holder of the history of FA. I'd be suprised to find anyone whose been here longer. Good luck in life, even if it is hurdling yourself down icy hills towards your impending doom :p. I'll keep my eye out for you in the Olympics, it'll be the first time i'll cheer for a canadian :P.

Mega
You have the guts to say anything (whether or not it gets you in trouble) and thats somehting i've admired. You stand up for what you think is right. Even though i wanted to kick you out of the clan when you first joined :p you've proven to be a truly loyal member.

fire
Old school CS/TS member and longtime friend. I've talked with you more outside the clan than in, and you've always offered good advice (like the stuff i'm not following by moving in with another couple :p).

CS Division
Always my home in FA, thanks for all the memories guys. Nothing can beat late night pub sessions, or intense scrims/matches. I hope that you will climb the ranks in Source and hold you position as one of the backbones of this clan.

more to come...

In parting, keep fighting, this clans reach is limitless, you can achieve anything if your driven.

I'll stop by whenever i can and hopefully hop in on some Gears of War (friend we're moving in with has a 360).

<3 to all

FA for Life.