Go Back   Fallen Angels > Fallen Divisions > Retired Divisions > Halo 3

Old 10-30-2007, 04:47 AM   #11  
ITH
Killing Spree!

khaoz sent you a private message

Old 10-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #12  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

I guess we could talk about it here, incase there's other people who want to know. So what specifically did you want to do ITH? Like, name something specific and I can hook you up with the info, etc.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #13  
Fallen JeStEr
RS: Vegas Staff

pretty cool stuff there khaoz. My friend Weasil made his own mod on his box. We got the black skin instead of the white, this was way before the elite, and he did a damn fine job of carving weasil into his box and changed the colors to make it look pretty sexy.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #14  
XBXAXTXMXAXNX
Call of Duty Team

.... Khaoz, could you post pics and tell me how to fix overheating? My friend's 360 overheats randomly (it's in a hot area and that's partly why) so I was thinking if I did what you seem to be doing, then it'll reduce the overheating and most likely eliminate it... I dunno what to do about freezing (one of my friend's xboxes is sitting around my house because it freezes literally 3 minutes after being turned on....

Any ideas/help appreciated

P.S. how do I do the controller thing? I think it would look like poop if I tried... but I might be able to.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 PM   #15  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

best thing to do for an older 360 with heating problems that hasn't been openned yet(if you're not comfy with cracking it open and soldering shit in), and is past the 1 year waranty, is to sell just the system, with or without the cables, but keep the hard drive. Can get 70-80 for it, sell the power brick seperate for $50, and the wireless control you can keep, which is worth $50, etc etc. Then go buy a core for a decent deal. Maybe $250. You'd get the new HDMI, plus the new cooling. The newest 360s have more heatsinks and some even have smaller CPUs that run cooler.

They go on ebay all the time for about $75. If your buddy decides he wants to sell it, let me know, cause I'm looking to buy another 360 that's not in great shape, just for parts. Would like to tinker with some parts on my 360, but don't want to do it till i have backup parts, hehe. I've been watching them on ebay though. Let me know if he wants to go that route. Either way is cool, since there's SO damn many of them on ebay.

Once he gets his new 360, or if he decides to stay with the old one, or even get a new one, there's a few things you can do to keep it cooler, that aren't too hard.

I'll list them here in a bit.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:50 AM   #16  
ITH
Killing Spree!

how can u tell if you have a newer or older version of an xbox just bought mine this weekend for the 345 price its got 2year warranty so i just think ill wait to mod it

Old 10-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #17  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Yeah, with a brand new 360, i'd wait if you're not comfy doing the mods or possibly voiding your warranty. I mean, there is some small things you can do. I've seen guys duct tape fans to the outside of the 360 case, or the bottom vents, pushing air in, or sucking air out of other places. It looks ugly, but people do it to help preserve their console. could even do something as tacky as sit your 360 horizontal and face a house fan into the bottom of it. It's not the coolest way to cool the 360, but it works.

I was able to pull the warranty sticker off my 360 without ripping it, or damaging it at all, so my warranty should still be in tact. If anyone wants to give it a shot, you just take a hair dryer, and put it on the sticker for a while, let it heat up real good, but keep it on low so you don't melt the case. Then using an exacto knife, or razer, slowly peel the sticker off. A razer should slide under it like a hot knife through butter.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:43 PM   #18  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LsXZGA9a6MI

LOL. That's way overdoing it, but you get the point. It can be ugly, but some people don't care, as long as they don't have to ship the 360 to get repaired.

www.xbox-scene.com has great tutorials in their hardware forum.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=471958

Tons of tutorials on there for tons of different things you could do.

Here's some completed 360s other people have done:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...=463734&st=270

Just go backward page by page.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:41 AM   #19  
KhaOZ
For SPARTA!

Old 11-01-2007, 04:04 AM   #20  
ITH
Killing Spree!

my problem is not the power drain cause that is not a problem. i do work with electricity on a daily basis so the little amount of voltage it would pull away from the cpu to run the 2 fans is minimal, its about the same as plugging in a controller to the usb port.

but like i said i just bought mine last weekend.. would i still have the old heating problems or should it be a newer type.